Zero Carb Fried Catfish
- 2 catfish filet (cut into strips or nugget sizes)
- 1 egg (beaten)
- cooking oil
- 1 cup of pork rinds crumbs (available online)
(double up recipe if you are cooking larger portions)
Preparation & Assemble:
- dip one catfish into the beaten eggs, draining the excess off to the side of the bowl
- coat both sides of the catfish in the pork rind crumbs, pressing firmly into it
- repeat the steps until all the of the shrimp is coated
(you can also coat the catfish into the beaten egg, drain, and toss around in the pork crumbs)
- place a frying pan on the stove and turn the fire on to medium-high heat.
- once the pan is heated, pour some cooking oil into the pan (enough to coat the pan)
- place the catfish into the pan and fry for 2-3 minutes on each side or until it turns golden brown (do not overcrowd the pan with the catfish or it will not crisp up as well)
These Zero Carb Fried Catfish is nice and crispy as if it was deep-fried with breadcrumbs. The best part is that it is zero grams of carbs and oh so easy! Serve it up with some tartar sauce. You can use our Pork Rind Crumbs with any recipe that uses breadcrumbs in order to lower the carb count on the recipe.
Pro-tip: This recipe can be cooked in an air-fryer as well. Follow the cooking temps according to the manual.
*Pork Rinds Crumbs are now available on our website