Zero Carb Fried Shrimp
- 8 large shrimp (peeled, deveined, tail-on)
- 1 egg (beaten)
- cooking oil
- 1 cup of pork rinds crumbs (available online)
- What's Crackalackin All-Purpose Seasoning (available online)
(double up recipe if you are cooking larger portions)
Preparation & Assemble:
- dip one shrimp into the beaten eggs, draining the excess off to the side of the bowl
- coat both sides of the shrimp in the pork rind crumbs, pressing firmly into it
- repeat the steps until all the of the shrimp is coated
- place a frying pan on the stove and turn the fire on to medium-high heat.
- once the pan is heated, pour some cooking oil into the pan (enough to coat the pan)
- place the shrimp into the pan and fry for 2-3 minutes on each side or until it turns golden brown (do not overcrowd the pan with the shrimp or it will not crisp up as well)
- season with What's Crackalackin All-Purpose Seasoning to taste, and enjoy!
These Zero Carb Fried Shrimp comes out golden and crispy as if it was deep-fried with breadcrumbs. The best part is that it is zero grams of carbs and oh so delicious! Serve it up with your favorite dipping sauce. You can use our Pork Rind Crumbs with any recipe that uses breadcrumbs in order to lower the carb count on the recipe.
Pro-tip: This recipe can be cooked in an air-fryer as well. Follow the cooking temps according to the manual.
*Pork Rinds Crumbs are now available on our website